aka WTF Brownies or Experimental Brownies, these are vegan, gluten-free, soy free, nut free, oil-free, and refined-sugar free BUT they don’t sacrifice on flavor (I would never do that). Recipe as follows:
65g (about 1/2 c I think or maybe a little more) dried chickpeas
180g (3/4 c) tahini
70 g (1/2 c) cocoa powder
180g (3/4 c) agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Soak those babies overnight in some water and maybe 1/4 tsp baking soda if you want idk I just read somewhere that it’s helpful to add baking soda when soaking beans.
2. Drain the soaked chickpeas, then add them to a pot with probably about 2-3 cups water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for a good 3 hours or so. You want them to be thoroughly cooked.
3. Strain the cooked chickpeas, but RESERVE ALL OF THE WATER YOU COOKED THEM IN.
4. Process the chickpeas in a food processor until they are a flour-y/meal-y consistency. Measure this out – it should be about 120g or 1 c. If you have more, save the extra for some other recipe.
5. Pour the chickpea cooking water (known from here on out as aquafaba) back into the pot and bring to a boil. Let it reduce down to 120g (1/2 c). THE BROWNIES:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Grease or line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, agave, vanilla, and aquafaba.
2. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. If your aquafaba has cooled completely, you may have to heat the mixture for a few seconds to get the cocoa to dissolve.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the wet ingredients until evenly incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle of the pan – took about 35-40 minutes for mine, but you might want to start checking after 30 minutes. Let cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes before slicing up and serving. Enjoy your bombass tahini brownies!
CHICKPEA TAHINI BROWNIES | Vegan Recipe!