– 2 duck breast fillet with fat layer
– 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
– salt and pepper
– 1/2 cucumber
– 3 spring onions
– 10 pc mini wraps
– hoisin sauce
– aluminium foil
1. Remove the duck breast fillet from the refrigerator at least one hour in advance to reach room temperature.
2. Cut the fat layer of the fillets crosswise into the meat. Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper and rub in the Chinese five-spice powder.
3. Place a large frying pan on the stove and fry the duck breast fillets on the skin (no butter or oil is needed) for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden brown. Turn the fillets over and bake for another 3 minutes on the meat side (they must be rosé inside, but not too red and raw). Remove the duck from the pan and wrap it in aluminum foil let it rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut the cucumber and spring onion into strips. Heat the wraps in the microwave according to the packaging. Cut the duck into strips and serve everything so that everyone can assemble their five-spice ducks wraps.
Pour the hoisin sauce in a container and put it on the table.
You can embed this video on your homepage for free.
Chinese Duck Wraps recipe