Learn how to make Chinese stuffed pancakes
Welcome to Xiao’s Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei, ever since my Mother taught me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for Cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and learn new Chinese recipes.
150g Minced Pork
200g Plain Flour
100ml Warm Water
3 Celery Sticks
Quarter Small Cabbage
2 Spring Onions
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Ground Red Pepper
Salt to Taste
1. Combine the flour and water in mixing bowl to form a smooth dough.
2. Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm area for an hour.
3. Finely chop the ginger and spring onions
4. Place minced pork in a mixing bowl. Add spring onions, ginger, salt, soy sauce, ground red pepper and 1 Tbsp oil. Mix well
5. Roughly slice the celery and cabbage
6. Boil 2 litres water in a large saucepan
7. Place celery in the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute
8. Remove from water, place under cold running water for 2 minutes and drain.
9. Place cabbage into the water and blanch for 1 minute
10. Remove from water, place under cold running water for 2 minutes and drain
11. Place the celery in a food processor and blend for 2 minutes until fine.
12. Now, place the cabbage in the food processor and blend for 2 minutes until fine.
13. Squeeze out excess water from the celery and cabbage, place both into the meat mixture and mix well.
14. Take the dough out of the bowl onto a work surface dusted with flour.
15. Roll the dough into a thick sausage shape.
16. Divide into 6 – 8 equal sections, dust and press so they are flat.
17. Roll each section with a rolling pin into about 3mm thick wrap.
18. Lay the wrap in the palm of your hand, place 1 Tbsp of the mixture in the centre of each wrap
19. With other use your fingers of the free hand, Pinch and fold the wrap all the way around – ensure it’s sealed completely
20. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the frying pan over medium heat.
21. Take one stuffed dough and flatten carefully with both of your hand into pancakes
22. Place pancakes in the frying pan in batches and fry for 3 minutes each side until golden
23. Remove from pan onto a dish and serve
Thanks for watching, if you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian recipes:
New Asian Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL10074H11k&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLji3pUXqHBTPpz_O0TdK2-O
Chinese Traditional Stuffed Pancakes | Chinese Style Recipe