Hi everyone! sorry for the absence. Got a bit busy with stuff. hehe Kinda used to my new schedule now so i will definitely try to upload more often!
For more of these, follow me on INSTAGRAM: @plainjune
This is my recipe for the classic Filipino Party Spaghetti. Ive been trying to figure out a recipe for this for sooo long. and im happy i get to share with you guys.
I’ve finally made a recipe that reminds me so much of the birthday spaghetti i used to have as a kid! *so nostalgic* If you’re from the Philippines and you’re looking for vegan recipes close to home, you’re definitely going to want to try this recipe.
Filipino Style Spaghetti
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can mushrooms
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp pizza seasoning
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 to 3/4 cup soy milk
1. Slice/chop the onion and garlic.
2. Open the can of mushrooms and squeeze out the excess water to get rid of the canned mushroom taste
3. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions
4. For the sauce, cook the onions and garlic. Then add the mushrooms.
5. Add in the tomatoes.
6. Add the baking powder, salt, sugar and seasoning. Mix well everytime you add an ingredient.
7. Add soy milk and nutritional yeast(optional)
8. Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch to 2 tbsp water. Add in to the sauce to thicken
9. Simmer for 15 mins.
10. Mix pasta and sauce and enjoy!
Filipino Style Party Spaghetti | VEGAN FILIPINO FOOD