Who loves a good Chicken Cashew dish!?
If you do, then you are going to absolutely LOVE this recipe that we learnt from a lovely local Thai lady who owns a restaurant in Phuket.
It was quite a funny experience as she whipped out the wok and gas cooker right next to our table and showed us how to make her delicious chicken cashew dish. We were so surprised at how easy and healthy it was that we wrote down the recipe and are now having it for lunch most days.
This is a local Thai dish, 100% legit!
The only major thing I had to change to make it even healthier was switching the oil from a cheap and nasty vegetable oil to a olive oil.
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the dish and I hope you love it as much as I do. A reminder that eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless, explore different recipes and have fun in the kitchen.
Health and happiness,
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Brown Onion
5 Red Chillies
1 Bunch Spring Onion
1.5 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/4 Cup Cashews
1/4 Cup Water
1. Dice or thinly slice the chicken and brown onion.
2. Cook chicken and onion with 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil, dont over cook the chicken! 😂
3. Add Chicken Stock and Oyster Sauce, stir
4. Let simmer and then add water
5. Add Chillies, Spring Onion and Cashews.
6. There should be a bit of liquid left to use as a sauce, so don’t simmer your dish for too long.
7. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.
Music Credit : Fast Car – Jonas Blue (JUNI CLUB EDIT)
Healthy Local Thai Chicken Cashew Recipe