Instant Onion Rava dosa is a popular South Indian breakfast recipe prepared with sooji(rava) and rice flour. Unlike other dosas, this doesn’t require any grinding or fermentation and can be prepared easily in minutes. Rava dosa tastes great with any chutney of your choice. The only thing to keep in mind is the batter should be very thin(Pouring consistency) otherwise you won’t get crispy Rava dosa You can also make this rava dosa without onions.
Fine sooji / Semolina – 1 cup
Rice Flour -¾ cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Green chilli -2
Curry Leaves – 6
Coriander leaves( finely chopped ) – handful
Salt – as per taste
Water – 5 cups
Onions( finely chopped ) -1 cup
Oil for making dosas
1. Finely chop green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, onions and keep them aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add sooji, rice flour, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves, onions, salt and mix up all the ingredients.
3. Now add water and mix batter without any lumps.
4. Check batter consistency, if its thick add water and adjust consistency and allow it to rest for 15 min
5. Heat the griddle/tawa on medium-high heat. Grease the tawa with little oil.
6. Pour the batter along with the sides of the tawa. Drizzle oil at the corners of dosa.
7. Once the base turns brown, fold the dosa and take it out. Rava dosa will take a longer time to get cooked than normal dosa.
8. serve hot with chutney of your choice
TIPS to make Rava onion dosa crispy:
1. Mix the batter before making each dosa. After making couple of dosas, the batter becomes thick. Add some water for the thin consistency.
2. If the batter is too loose, then add some flour to it.
3. Once you pour the batter on tawa, do not try to spread it.
4. Do not take out the dosa until base turns brown/well cooked or the corners start lifting up slightly.
Enjoy and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel for more yummy and healthy recipes.
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/SimplyMindfu… …
Music Courtesy: www.hooksounds.com
Instant Onion Rava Dosa || Breakfast Recipes || South Indian food || Restaurant style crispy dosa