Vegan and vegetarian Oats upma ( healthy breakfast recipe)
Breakfast is the important meal of the day. If you are keen in reducing your weight then it’s important to eat fibre rich breakfast to kick start the day. Presenting oats upma which is loaded with veggies. Just pair it with a smoothie of your choice or a detox drink to see a difference. I paired mine with lemon, mint and crushed pepper powder detox drink. It keeps you full till lunch time and avoids unnecessary snacking. Without wasting much time let’s have a look at the recipe.
1. Take an iron wok and dry roast 2 cups of oats for 2 minutes and take it aside.
2. Now, in same wok add 2 tbsp of desi ghee ( if vegan add olive oil )
3. Add tadka ( 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp Chana dal and 1 tsp mustard seeds )
4. When the mustard seeds splutter, add sprig of curry leaves and give a mix. To this add 2 tbsp cashews, pinch of salt and add fine chopped veggies ( onion, carrot, corn, tomato, green peas, ginger, chillies ). Sauté for 5 minutes till veggies are tender. Since am cooking in iron wok, I didn’t cover it with glass lid. However, if you are using a different cookware put a glass lid to cover the vegetables. Cook till veggies are tender.
5. Add 2 tbsp roasted semolina ( upma ravva ) and mix with veggies and add roasted oats and mix well.
6. Slowly add 2.5 cups of water and mix well. Add salt to taste and switch off the flame in 1-2 mins after mixing it well.
Garnish with fresh grated coconut and serve hot. This is one of the easiest recipe that I make often. Everyone can relish it guilt free. Try it out and let me know how it turned out.
Have a blessed day everyone. Cheers 🥂
Like and follow me on
@facebook – SowRav Kitchen
@Youtube – SowRav Kitchen
SowRav Kitchen Telugu
@Instagram – sowrav_kitchen
Oats upma in Telugu with English subtitles | healthy breakfast | lunch box recipe