A flavour combination to die for! Fresh, crisp, juicy pomegranate and beautifully sweet poached pears, topped with a tangy maple sherry dressing.
The perfect summer salad all topped off with delicious candied walnuts. Mmmm mmm.
☼ A Vegan Visit to New York vlog: https://youtu.be/Ysz52GS40pE
✎ A Vegan Visit to New York blog: https://www.aveganvisit.com/home/2018/6/12/a-vegan-visit-to-new-york-an-epic-3-night-vegan-itinerary
♡ Keep in touch:
Instagram: aveganvisit https://www.instagram.com/aveganvisit/
Twitter: aveganvisit https://twitter.com/aveganvisit
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
250ml white wine
30g coconut sugar
Rind of one orange
1 vanilla pod
Maple Sherry Dressing:
70g olive oil
50g sherry vinegar
45g maple syrup
10g dijon mustard
20g coconut nectar (you could also use coconut sugar or agave)
5g dairy free margarine (you could use coconut oil)
Pinch of sea salt
160g mixed salad leaves (baby leaf works best)
Seeds from one pomegranate
Poaching your pears:
1. Peel your pears and place them in a saucepan just big enough to fit them in standing up.
2. Add the water, wine, sugar, orange rind and vanilla pod. The liquid should come up to the top of the pears so that they are fully submerged.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Once your pears have poached for 30 minutes, carefully remove them from the pan, dispose of the liquid and leave your pears to cool fully. Once they are cool, place them in the fridge as the cooler they are, the easier it will be to slice them.
5. When you are ready to serve, slice your pears, discarding the core.
Making your candied walnuts:
1. Put all of your candied walnut ingredients in a small frying pan and fry on a low heat for 2-5 minutes, stirring a couple of times until the nuts are fully coated.
2. Transfer your walnuts to a bowl and leave them to cool.
Making your dressing:
1. Put all of your dressing ingredients into a small bowl or jug and whisk until fully combined.
Putting your salad together:
1. Divide your salad leaves into two bowls.
2. Sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds, candied walnuts, poached pear slices and a drizzle of maple sherry dressing.
Poached Pear & Pomegranate Salad • Vegan Recipe • A Vegan Visit