Durga Puja is a festival best celebrated with a hearty serving of delicious food and as always we are here to provide, with this delectable Sarnochur Khichuri. With the help of Emami Healthy & Tasty Kachchi Ghani Mustard Oil, rice is sauteed in a mix of spices before blending with a mix of wholesome vegetables for a complete meal. Give this recipe a try this Durga Puja and celebrate the festival the best you can, through flavour!
SUBSCRIBE to our Channel – http://bit.ly/SubscribeToIndiaFoodNetwork
Follow Us on Social Media :-
❤ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/indiafoodnetwork/
IFN Website: http://indiafoodnetwork.in/
Love our recipes? Hit ‘LIKE’ and show us your support! 🙂
Post your comments below and share our videos with your friends. Spread the love! 🙂
Download our App – http://bit.ly/DownloadIndiaFoodNetworkApp
1 cup Gobindobhog rice
1 cup dry roasted shonamunger daal
1 cup paneer cubed
1 cup mixed dry fruits like cashews, raisins
1 cup mixed vegetables( cauliflower, beans, carrots, potatoes)
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp grated coconut
4 green chilies
2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 Bay leaves
1 dried chili
1 tsp Bengali garam masala
3 tbsp Ghee
4 tbsp Mustard oil
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
– Soak the rice and dry roasted dal in water separately.
– Heat the mustard oil in a pan. Add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin seeds. Fry till aromatic.
– Add the dried red chilies and grated coconut, green chilies and sauté for ½ mins. Add the roasted dal and the cut vegetables. Add turmeric powder, ginger paste, chili powder and mix well.
– Add the rice. Add water, salt to taste and let it boil until the vegetables and the dal melts.
(Tip: Make sure the amount of water should be 3-4 times the amount of rice and dal to obtain the mushy consistency of khichuri). – Add sugar. (Tip: Add sugar in the end when boiling anything. Sugar slows the process of cooking if added in the beginning)
– Heat ghee, fry paneer pieces, drain and keep aside. Fry the dry fruits in the remaining ghee and keep aside.
– Sprinkle ghee, Bengali garam masala, fried paneer and dry fruits on top.
Sarnochur Khichuri Recipe | Bengali Style Vegetable Khichdi By Ananya | Durga Puja Special Khichudi