Sausage stir fry with snow peas – it is one of the stable recipes for Chinese people. I am using Cantonese sausage but you can use almost any sausage that you have. It is so quick, easy, and delicious. The sausage is very intense. And the snow peas are slightly sweet. They balance each other perfectly.
Homemade Cantonese sausage recipe: https://youtu.be/5pUwUxWlu4I
– half pound of Chinese sausage (Can be switched with any sausage you like)
– half pound of snow peas
– Few cloves of garlic
– 2 pieces of the white part of spring onion
– Some shredded ginger
– 2 red chilies, sliced thinly
– 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste
– some white pepper
– 1 tbsp of soy sauce
– Slice some sausage into 1/4 of an inch thick pieces. You can use almost any sausage that you have.
– Wash the snow peas and remove the fiber that is on the side of the snow peas. It is annoying to eat if you leave it on. If you don’t have snow peas, you can use any vegetables you like such as mushroom, bean sprout, lotus root.
– Besides that, you will also need some garlic, crush it and peel it. 2 pieces of the white part of scallion. Crush it to release the flavor as well. 2 slices of ginger. Cut it into thin shredded. I also like to use some red chili. Slice it thinly. You can use bell pepper if you don’t eat spicy food.
– Heat up your wok a little bit. Put your hands above the bottom. When you can feel the obvious heat coming up, add a tinny bit of oil just to lubricate the wok. Toss it around and add the sausage. If you use a non-stick wok, you don’t need to add oil because the sausage has some fat.
– Stir for about 2 or 3 minutes. You should see that the sausage become slightly transparent. That means it is cooked through. If you like the sausage to be a little chart, you can fry it a little more.
– Add a little more oil to the same wok and throw in all the aromatics along with the snow peas. I always say that the secret of Chinese stir-fry dish is high heat or big flame. But for snow peas, it doesn’t produce too much water compared to other vegetables so you can cook this one medium heat until it is soft. What I like to do is cook it until most of the snow peas have some black chart mark, that is the time to add the seasoning. It is very simple, some white pepper, some salt to taste and a tbsp of soy sauce. The sausage is already salty so It is very important to add seasoning now. You want the flavor to get distributed first then transfer the sausage back to the wok. Stir everything together and you are done. Just simply plate it up and serve it with white rice.
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
…and if you’ve read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)
STIR FRY RECIPES – Chinese Sausage With Snow Peas [荷兰豆炒腊肠]