This month I got set a challenge to make a vegan meal perfect for uni students. I came up with this really great vegan chilli which is so yummy and really easy to make for anyone at university.
This meal came to £9.08 (I clearly got my maths wrong in the video whoops)
Onions 65p (for a bag of 3)
Carrots 45p (for a bag)
Kidney beans 69p
Chopped tomatoes 55p
Peppers £1.50 (for a bag of 3)
Spice mix: £1.20
Rice (70g per person)
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans
1 packet of chilli spice mix
Avocado to garnish
1. Chop the pepper, onion, and grate the carrot
2. Fry off the onion in the pan with some oil and after 2 minutes add the carrot and pepper, and continue to fry off for a further 5 minutes
3. Add all the canned ingredients and halfway refill the tinned tomatoes with water and add to the pan
4. Simmer for 15 minutes
5. Fill the rice pan with water to cover the rice with half a fingers length to spare. Boil the rice for 10 minutes, until the water has evaporated.
6. Serve the chilli and add the avocado on top to garnish.
Thanks for watching!
Make sure you like and subscribe!
Check out my…
VEGAN UNI STUDENT CHILLI RECIPE | CO-OP £10 CHALLENGE